A LETTER TO MY PASTOR'S WIFE




















       LETTER
TO
MY PASTOR’S WIFE



Dear pastor wife, 


I greet you with the love of Christ in my heart. I greet you too with 
so much love and respect I have for you. 
I guess you are surprise that I am writing a public letter to you in a
place like this. In fact to know how much importance it is to me, I
am writing straight from my kitchen as I make dinner. I don’t want 
to delay this letter any further. 

You are the first lady of the church, one whom I admire from afar
and follow closely secretly like Zacchaeus to Jesus. 
However I must confess and admit I do not want to be like you. 
You may like to ask me why but the answer will break your heart to 
pieces. I DO NOT WANT TO BE LIKE YOU BECAUSE OF 
YOU. I didn’t realize this until a friend asked me. 

 Your maxi and midi skirts and gowns accessorized with the big hats are always beautiful. I would gladly raid your wardrobe if you give 
me the opportunity. 

The way you talk, walk and work is faaaaaar better than the Queen
of England.  Your words are medicines to a broken heart. Even the
ways you embrace the little children and teens are unspeakable love in actions.

Our pastor, ‘your husband’ always tells us that behind every successful pastor is a strong true God and a crown God has placed 
on his head which is you in his case. 

I see the colour of your cheeks change anytime he says those words. 
Chai!!! Who wouldn’t love to be in your shoes?

And those four boisterous children of yours are awesome. They are 
examples many families set before their own children for emulation. 


Days when I come to church groggily, you are there fully energetic,
days when I come grouchily, you are there cheerful with no single 
problem and days when I come even cheerful you are there even more merrier. 


The days you lead us in prayer are stressfully something else.  You 
make me pray as if that is my last opportunity of getting my request
from God. 


Your daughter also tells me that you are a fantastic cook and cannot 
stomach the sight of dirt which I believe. 


You are an amazing woman ma, a living example of Proverbs 31 
woman. 


From my secret close followership, I have observe that in those fine 
shoes of yours, I mean the titles ‘first lady of the church’, ‘assistant
pastor’, ‘pastor Mrs.’, ‘Area mama’, ‘Women’ coordinator’ are 
pains that cannot be uttered in words.  I see your shoes and all I tell 
myself is ‘Flee! the pains are too much’. 

Underneath the big hats most Sundays, I see eyes that have either
not slept well or rested well for days.
I have heard you prayed secretly for the Lord to season your words 
with salt at all times. So I know much you battled with not 
insulting the women (you know their history) who called you a 
witch and a wicked woman. 

I have seen the sad looks on your face when you report the youths to 
the youth president because the youth called you old school for 
advising them to add an extra yard anytime they are sewing their
skirts. 


When a jolly good woman embraces you in church, I see your eyes lit up in love. You know you mean a lot to her. 
I even heard the story too of the usher who gossiped you for coming
late to church and when you heard the gossip you called her and 
apologised even explained to her why you came late; you had to rush
to the home of a member who just gave the ghost. 


 I notice too how you leave your seat too sometimes during service . 
last family weekend Sunday, I followed you and noticed you praying
with a fellow pastor for a member in crisis on the phone . So 
some times you do not even enjoy a full package service with your supervision and intercession.

As you come to lead prayers, I see with my inner eyes, a fatigue 
body that have tarried in the place of prayers for hours, yet still 
drawing strength for yourself and those you lead in prayers.

 
I hear your children sometimes murmur of how your disciplines them in frustration for fear that you do not want them turning out like
Phinehas and Hophni. I can assume the thoughts in your head behind the blush on your face of every sincere compliment of you ‘Our pastor ‘your husband’ tells the congregation. 


‘He is not as romantic as you think of him, I rarely see him even on 
Sundays; after service, prayers, after prayers, after counselling,
ministers meeting, after that prayers  and house fellowship’. 


You are strong!!!
Yet not by power, but by the grace of God. 


God have dealt you with thoroughly and still dealing with you 
thoroughly like raw gold that has to refine. 
I wholeheartedly bless God for his work in your life and for not just
blessing us with a pastor but with his wife as well. 


As for me I am young and I cannot bear the pains in your shoes. 
The very friend who asked me if I will like to be a pastor’s me told me that instead of saying No! , I should rather ask for God’s will to
be done and instead of running away, I should come to you for 
mentorship, not on how to be a pastor’s wife but to be a woman 
ready for God’s refining. I should go learn to be a supporter of my 
own ministry, my husband ministry, my children ministries and 
greatly influencing the people around me positively and spiritually.


In summary, I write to book appointments for mentorship. I admit I
am young ,weak and naïve . If given the opportunity, I will start 
classes immediately.



Yours daring, 

Ogheneochuko.


HOPE YOU APPRECAITE YOU PASTOR'S WIFE WHEN NEXT YOU SEE HER. THIS WOMAN GOES THROUGH A LOT. 


THANK YOU FOR READING, DO DELIVER MY LETTER TO HER. 

GOD BLESS YOU.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LOVE, NOT LOVE SONGS

100 reasons you should not date or marry someone in the same church with you

Three weeks in Rivers state camp: the pains, the pleasures and the love affairs