DAIRY OF A SUNDAY CHURCH WANDERER (9)

 

*Hello everyone, my name is Ubulaba and I am just a Sunday Christian who tours round churches every Sunday and hope to settle down soon. Nothing to be proud of, someday, I hope to change.*

****

Happy new month everyone. Happy first Sunday of the month , as it is in most churches, first Sundays are always for thanksgiving.

  • **********

Still on the matter on Island church matter, Chioma and I attended another one the Island. 

The car park as usual were filled with extravagant cars, if cars could tell wealth statuses, those cars did not just tell but yelled the wealth statuses of their owners. 

They did not let the Uber car take us into the car park. The cab driver stopped right in front of the carpark . The gate did not open for us. 

I later learnt that the carpark gate were opened for only their members after it automatically scan their plates numbers and thumbs of the owners .

Chai!!!God punish poverty. I refuse to be a poor Christian. 

We came down from the Uber and walked vertically to the church building .

They said service started by 8:00am but we got there by 10:00. Thanks for Lagos makeup artist, especially the ones Chioma uses to beat her face who were fond of saying ‘I’m on my way o, I am almost there’ but have not left their houses.

So that’s the major reason we got there late. I remember what my church MD said the last time I went to church late . 

‘Beautiful or not, God will still accept you worship’

******* 

From the entrance , the alter faces one directly.

I saw a lady on a jean trouser, slightly baggy from her thighs down to her toes. She combined it with an Ankara top. The African print on it was beautiful . She wore her hair short and tinted and was leading the worship session. I was amazed. 

I quickly pinched my friend. 
‘Chioma, see that’ I almost pointed . She pinched my hands down.

Soon after the worship session, the pastor came forward. A really young man, the youngest head pastor I have seen in all the churches I visited. Nice well ironed shirts, good looking , smart and sharp.

‘If you listened to the lyrics of those songs just sang, you’ll understand how much God cares for you. All he desires from you his fellowship. Pray about everything all the time, fellowship with one another. One of the ways Satan deals with a man as a lion deals with His prey is first to isolate him and make him feel like he’s all alone’ He preached. 

I was so engrossed in my observation of the worship that I neither took note of the songs she was led nor the lyrics. 

He asked us to read Psalms 73. The verses were projected on the 5 big screens across the church hall. As I read, my body was cold and I could not help putting my teeth together. An usher noticed and offered me a big scaf to keep me warm. 

‘Do you know as much as David wrote most of the books of psalms, there were times he felt like following God was tiring?’.

He cried, he complained, he compared but when he came to God’s sanctuary, he understood better.

Psalm 73. Do not let the Devil isolate you.
When a brethren tell you it is well, it goes a long way.

I was blessed.

There first time package was like a party after service.

Plenty ice cream, small chips, cakes, shawarma etc.

Island churches ehn



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LOVE, NOT LOVE SONGS

100 reasons you should not date or marry someone in the same church with you

Three weeks in Rivers state camp: the pains, the pleasures and the love affairs