Lessons I'm taking into this new year of my Life


LESSONS I AM TAKING INTO THE NEW YEAR OF MY LIFE

Hello dear, 

I clocked a year older last week. Yay!, Happy belated birthday to me! I'm sure some friends of mine reading this would be wondering 'Don't your birthday ever finish!' .  Lo siento.(it means sorry in Spanish), I love birthdays.  It's been a beautiful year for  me, this babe writing this has been tried against all odds and guess what?, she overcame. 

Ha! There were things I thought I could never do, I ran away from them , only to get caught up in them like Jonah. God has been faithful.

I bless God for growth and I know this year will be a year of another bigger growth and better things by his grace. Amen! 

Like I said, many things happened in the last one year of my life that if I don't take lessons from , it means I haven't really learnt. So let me share with you (Whatever you do while reading this, do not laugh at me, I'm being serious).Well...you can smile or just shake your heads.

One day, I went to a gift shop to pick up a nice gift for a friend of mine. The gift shop had nice gifts items and you'll just feel like buying the whole shop. Well I picked an item I really liked and I knew the person would love it too but it was way too expensive, not like I didn't have the money, but I dropped it. I picked yet another gift, not the fanciful type and it's the average gift price but I didn't like it, and that's how I battled with picking and  dropping between the two gifts for what is close to an hour. In fact, the owner of the shop offered me a chair right in front of those items to make me feel comfortable. 

Finally I asked a question that opened up my insecured state of mind. 
"But come o", I beckoned to the shop owner who I'm certain was already tired of me "if I buy this expensive gift for him, won't he or other people think otherwise?". 

The man smiled. His smiles made 'lines of being tired of me' varnished off his face. He knew that instant, that money was not  the problem. 

"How will you feel if a guy buys you that gift over there?'. He asked. He pointed to a really expensive silver glittering pair of shoes packed with a perfume. 

"Ha!" I first exclaimed. ' I will feel happy , special, loved  and joyful'  I replied. 
"Would you be bothered about what people think or will you think otherwise if the guy is just a good friend of yours?" 

'N>>>oooo' I dragged it scratching my head. 
 "If the power to make someone happy, special, excited , joyful, loved even if it's once a year lies in your hands and you can afford it, just do it".  He smiled and left.
 
That sentence, contains a really tough lesson I will take this year. I pondered on that question and I remembered a lot of beautiful things people have done, random beautiful things people have done for me in this life. 

Did I think other wise? Yes. 
How many times?, few times. 

Then it dawned on me that I had a problem with over thinking, likeyou know when the power supply is lower than your voltage rating capacity, that's how my brain runs on some issues.

 I don't just think of my actions  towards someone, I do the thinking of that person and also that of third-party's. Really an overload, isn't it? 

But would you blame me?

I mean, I grew up in a society were if two ladies takes good care of a really sick guy, what goes on in the guy's head is "I can't wait to recover so I will have a '3some' with them". And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I grew up in a environment were a lady can not just accept any gift from a guy without thoroughly making sure it's not to get something in return. And to avoid statements such as 'give me some honey baby'. 

I grew up in a society where a man's mind races whenever a lady (his sister, wife or mother ) tells him I love you and instead of replying by saying I love you too, he asks 'What do you want?'.  

In this very same environment(society) it's hard to differentiate sincere compliments from fake compliments, so all compliments whether sincere or not are tagged as teasing (locally called whining). 

I grew up in a society were if a  rich man helps you, you should be scared that your destiny is at stake. 

I grew up in a society that it's best to receive help from a stranger  that you will never see again, only make sure it's not money, or you might turn to stone or something in the night. 

So I grew with fears of loving and receiving love from people, until I was asked in my inner man...what the Bible says about perfect love... "There is no fear in love but perfect love drives out fear," because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

How many times my fears have hindered me from doing what I ought to! 

I remember once, my roommate pointed out one of her friends to me. 
'So and so needs your help!' . 

I replied I'm scared of helping him because I don't want him and other people to start thinking otherwise, She just laughed. I mean We've been close so she knew me to that extent. 

"Sha Sha...ensure you help this person" she cautioned me like a mother.

After much battling I did. 

But throughout this one year many things have happened, many things have shaken and broken me, I have been shredded in ways I never thought would ever be possible. I've learned, I have learnt and I'm still learning. 

I'm not scared of this thing called love! I'm gonna keep loving. If by any chance my love gets misinterpreted, well I'm sorry in advance to whoever will misinterpret it, and I will move on to the next person and keep loving. 

I'm no longer bound by my society dictates. I'm not bound by what you think. I'm bound only in Christ. 

Yay! I'mfree! 

Another lesson I'm taking into the new year is 

2. Do it, enter into those opportunities given to you!

Well, who doesn't like opportunities? I love them. 
But you see those one's that exposes my weaknesses, it takes more than an invite for me to do it. I will rather wait, be good, make my weaknesses my strength before I dare them. So this year, whether I think I'm weak, not good enough, or just there, if those opportunities comes, ama bounce on it and grab it with both hands. 
Who knows? 
It may be a door for exploits. 

I'm the babe that wanna do so much exploits this year... like real exploits. 

3. Then the last and not the least

Breathe in, think and do it, do all you can (but take a break when needed, you need this body on Earth for many assignments) 

4 .Well this is the last one,

Not the last last, really.  I have learnt to write more and I'm still learning how to better at that. 

5. Food, food and fears

Oh gosh! My chocolate fish puff, my cake and mouth watery peanuts, well now I'm learning to embrace the beauty of flour. I have learnt I can make beautiful out of things that makes me feel not so comfortable so I can play with flour from time to time. 

Well, that's all I can think off for now!  

Aside laughing (when I said you shouldn't)  or smiling and shaking your head on my matters...I hope you took something from here. Well...
Till I come your way next time, never lose your wonders. Keep loving.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LOVE, NOT LOVE SONGS

100 reasons you should not date or marry someone in the same church with you

Three weeks in Rivers state camp: the pains, the pleasures and the love affairs