Hey,TGIF,what am I even thankful for?

I am right here in my office doing a TGIF post on Instagram for my Company and a question in my post got me thinking. The question is Relax, Smile, Think Deep and Answer this question; What are you thankful for?

Well, I am relaxed now, I have smiled for some few seconds but I am still thinking of what I am thankful for in the last five days.

I do not know if your week has been like mine oh!

Mine have seriously been stressful. I am always thinking all hours of the day at work. I am seriously serious, as in, I am always thinking of what to write, thinking of  what to post, thinking of what and how to answer my Oga and Boss questions, thinking of how to get customers and clients  for my company (by the way, I work in a food company, so please contact me on behalf of my company for food for any occasion). My list of thoughts is endless.

Hey, (hands akimbo) should I be thankful for thinking too much?

I am not done thinking oh, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, TRAFFIC, LOW POWER SUPPLY AND SERIOUS RAINFALL dealt with me seriously this week. The only times I know the real colours used in painting my house are weekends and days when I go late to work. Should I be thankful for that? Well, maybe I should be thankful that I ironed all my clothes on Sunday night before Transformer caught fire and I had no option to change my mind even when I was not in the mood to wear certain clothes again.

Maybe I should be thankful for the unexpected serious downpour that met me on my way to work. The rainfall caused a serious flood, which led to serious road traffic which in turn resulted in me coming really late to work but fortunately, my boss or Oga let me go.  I should be thankful for that abi?

Wait wait wait oh, I am not even done thinking, whether I leave office at normal closing hours or late because of work, I still bear the brunts of road traffic. Should I be thankful for that? I close really late one day, the next day, I was not even myself. My colleagues thought I had malaria. At exact closing hours, my bags were already packed, when they asked me where I was going, I simply told them that he who closes early today goes to work better and stronger tomorrow. I should be grateful that my work has made me a composer of great quotes right?

Still thinking...We are always having a series of serious arguments (why I did not become a lawyer but work in a law firm) and when I join in, the arguments always get longer. Seriously, is that something I should be thankful for?

My kind-hearted Oga helped a fellow staff we both have almost the same need and he did not help me. Should I be thankful for that) Should I be thankful that my phone crashed, the screen acting up like television searching for signal?

I am seriously still thinking...
Nah
I am tired.
But truthfully, do you think I have genuine reasons to be thankful at all? While others are screaming TGIF over a productive enjoyable week, I should be crying because mine was just enduring? Do you think TGIF is basically to be thankful for the weekend that is coming? To sleep like one got no life ambition, be a mallrat, have fun and do Jaunts, party and Shayoo (it mean to drink really well).

Truthfully, thank you for being truthful to you and me, agreeing or disagreeing with me.

The Bible says IN ALL THINGS, GIVE THANKS.

I am thankful to God for all of the above. I AM THANKFUL TO GOD FOR EVERYTHING!!!

I am thankful for Lady B aka Brenda,
Bobo C,
Mr B(namesake of my lecturer that in Uni that did not give me the mark for CA),
Mrs Re (chai...she nearly brings up all things we argue about and I must say something).

I am thankful for accident-free journeys, I am thankful for the ability to use my head to think. I am thankful for presentations, I am thankful that my legs are getting healed (I have been wearing flats all through the week), I am thankful that I am turning up tonight. I anticipate it will be more beautiful than last Friday's own. Last Friday I ran into a charming gentleman that taught me something that has been helpful all through the week. Maybe I should do a blog post on 'Something a charming gentleman taught me, get one' LOL. I  am thankful for my place of work. Imagine the feelings of being paid for something you enjoy.

Well, the list is endless. I am thankful for the good, bad and the ugly.

Yay!!! few hours to turn up.
Where is my shoe abeg?
#thankfultgif
#lagosworker









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE POWER OF LOVE, NOT LOVE SONGS

100 reasons you should not date or marry someone in the same church with you

Three weeks in Rivers state camp: the pains, the pleasures and the love affairs